Serves 2 Hungry Cyclists
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
We love to cook Asian inspired meals in our own kitchen and curries with a little kick are some of our favorites. We are also in love with soba noodles and peanut butter. This recipe satisfies our tastes, while being easy to prepare and dense with hearty calories that your body will crave after a full day of riding. Plus, you can easily adapt this recipe by adding in any vegetables you have on hand (no good options were available for us that day).
- · 2 Vegetable Bullion cubes
- · 6 oz Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- · 1 tsp Cumin Seed (or powder)
- · 1 medium onion diced
- · 3 garlic Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- · 1 ½ Tbs Soy Sauce
- · 2 oz Peanut Butter (we used 2 Justin’s peanut butter packets)
- · ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- · 1 ½ tsp Curry Powder
- · 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- · 2 cups Water
Place soba noodles in water, letting them soak while preparing rest of meal. This will decrease cooking time and save fuel.
- · Bring Olive Oil to medium heat
- · Stir in cumin seed until saturated in oil and they begin to brown and pop, about 1 minute.
- · Stir in onion and garlic. Cook onion along with cumin seeds until onion starts to become translucent and cumin seed beings to crack open, about 4 minutes.
- · Add in soy sauce, water, and peanut butter, stirring until pb is dissolved and mixture looks creamy, about 1 minute. (add in chopped vegetables during this step in you have them)
- · Crush vegetable bullion with fingers and sprinkle into mixture, along with the cayenne pepper and curry powder. Stir well.
- · Cover pot and simmer mixture to thicken.
- · Bring pot of noodles to boil on second stove. Cook until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- · Drain water and pour peanut curry mixture on top.
- · Serve and enjoy!